Calvert Trust Update

2nd March 2018


Dear parents and carers,

After careful consideration regarding safety, viability and enjoyment factor, we have decided to go ahead with our trip to Calvert Trust on Monday 5th March to Wednesday 7th March 2018. We have consulted closely with Calvert Trust and the bus company to ensure that this is the most informed decision that we can make. I have been informed that the Calvert Trust site has been cleared today and all roads in and out of Kielder are accessible. The centre have confirmed that the full schedule of planned activities can still take place.

This decision is dependent on weather conditions remaining as they are or improving over the weekend. If the weather does deteriorate then a decision will be made over the weekend to postpone the trip. I will be driving up to the Calvert Trust site on Sunday afternoon to double check that I am happy with road conditions and the conditions of the site itself- if for whatever reason the conditions are not up to scratch then I will send out communication on Sunday afternoon.

It will be cold- I would advise packing extra layers beyond what is stated on the packing list. If you have any difficulty with supplying a thick winter coat then please get in touch with me directly. We will be supplying additional hot chocolate and marshmallows for the pupils to enjoy.

The bus will leave at 9.30am on Monday morning from Highfield. Pupils should arrive to school at normal time and head to the main office. Medication and tuck money should be handed in to Mrs Jewitt in the office. The teachers will then meet the pupils in the hall for preparations.

If you have any questions or queries, please email to or comment on this post.

We look forward to making lots of memories on what promises to be a very unique residential. Bring it on.

Kind regards,

Mr Rutherford 
Head of Year 5