Cancellation of Residential Trips

20th March 2020


It is with great regret that we have made the difficult decision to cancel both the Year 7 Grinton Lodge residential and the Year 8 London residential which were planned to take place in coming weeks and months.

In these uncertain times, there is no guarantee that school will be open at this point and we are unable to safely plan the visits not knowing what lies ahead nationally.

We are devastated about this and we feel as disappointed as we know some of our students will be. Please know that these decisions have not been taken lightly.

Each student for both trips will receive a full refund. Please wait until a notification is sent out next week in order to arrange your refund. As you can appreciate, our admin staff are exceptionally busy at the moment making arrangements for school closure at the beginning of next week.

There is a possiblity that the Year 7 Grinton Lodge residential could be re-arranged early during next academic year, however we will inform you if this will be possible in coming weeks.

At the moment, the Year 6 residential to Ford Castle is still scheduled to take place. Please keep an eye on updates regarding this as there is a high possibility that this will need to be cancelled too. We will update you as soon as is practicable.

All other school trips have been cancelled indefinitely.

Kind regards,
Stuart Rutherford-Orrock